Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Opening multiple TexnicCenter instances

On windows, I like the Texniccenter LaTeX frontend. In my opinion, it is a very good tool for handling large Latex projects. One feature I really appreciate is the document structure tree which makes navigation in the LaTeX source much easier. One issue I had is that if you open a new project, it replaces the project in the open instance (at least in the version I use: 1.0 RC1).
Fortunately, there is a trick : if you open the main tex file, with same name as the project, Texniccenter loads a new instance, and then asks if it should load the project. This allows to have multiple instances of Texniccenter. I use this a lot when writing my thesis, to copy/paste the code for figures / tables that were published in articles I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment